Parenting and Family Wellness Event
Join Teacher’s Democracy Project for a parent investment institute event
Saturday, April 7, 10am-2pm
New Song Community Learning Center 1530 Presstman St. Baltimore, MD 21217
The goal of the event is to engage parents in:
* Restorative Practices to use with your family
* Tools for healing and mindfulness
* Coping skills for families dealing with trauma
* Strategies to help resolve conflicts
For the full invite and to RSVP, go to: goo.gl/SFNwJD
To register for childcare or transportation call 443-508-8461
Black Teachers Matter
In Baltimore, during the time period 2003 to 2015 Black Teachers decreased 24.5 percentage points from 63% to 38%. This video explores why the decline occurred.
Black Teachers Matter Panel
Cristina Duncan Evans facilitated a panel discussion after the screening of the Black Teachers Matter video. The panel features:
- Kim Trueheart, Education Advocate
- Ui-Seng Francois, Baltimore City Schools Student
- Tyrik Moore, Baltimore City Schools Educator
- Diamonte Brown, Baltimore City Schools Educator, Organizer, and BMORE Steering Committee Member
- Khalilah Harris, Founding Co-Chair, Coalition of Black Leaders in Education
Education Advocacy Is What We Do
THE TEACHERS’ DEMOCRACY PROJECT SUPPORTS TEACHERS AND OTHERS COMMITTED TO STRENGTHENING DEMOCRATIC PARTICIPATION IN BALTIMORE’S PUBLIC SCHOOLS AND IN EDUCATION POLICY MAKING
TDP engages teachers and community members in Fellowship Projects. Fellows are working on: Restorative Practices, Socially engaged curriculum and how to increase democratic decision making by all stakeholders in schools. By proactively connecting teachers, parents, students and community members we aim to transform school relationships, culture and the way decisions get made.
Our Advocacy Work is a result of what we hear from our fellows as they tackle issues in their schools and in response to larger national and local trends. We engage teacher feedback and conduct research to help us advocate for better policies and practices. We attend school board meetings and host community forums around how to create more equity and inclusion in school decision making.